In case you missed the previous session with our Youth Council and admissions expert Dr. Jane Gabin on Sept. 9, check the branch calendar for another session Sept. 23. And in the meantime, take a look at these key takeaways from Dr. Gabin:
1. Staying out of college for the 2020-2021 academic year.
2. Concentrating upon reading information from diverse sources and diverse viewpoints.
3. Keeping a journal of how you reacted to the pandemic (colleges are receptive to ‘overcomers’).
4. Volunteering/working in the community (tutoring kids, getting out the vote, running errands for the elderly, etc).
5. Working with a mentor - someone older who can guide you, from whom you can learn, get professional advice, etc.
6. If colleges say tests are ‘optional’ they really are - don’t give them results.