The coronavirus outbreak is officially a pandemic, according to the World Health Organization. Because of the racial and economic inequities embedded in our country’s systems, the effects of the coronavirus could be compounded for Black, Brown, Asian, and indigenous communities, as well as other population groups. Read more here.
Addtional resources and articles:
- Resource guide from office of David Price.
- Summary of aid programs available to individuals and businesses.
- Why is social distancing so important? The Washington Post explains how to "flatten the curve."
- Red Cross safety and readiness page.
- Orange County's dedicated coronavirus page.
- DSS is holding a food drive to benefit families impacted by COVID-19.
- Visit the CHCCS coronavirus updates page.
- Here's how to apply for unemployment benefits in NC if you're out of work due to the virus.
- Listen to a recording of the NAACP national tele-town hall on coronavirus.
UPDATE 3/23: More useful links.
- March 16: Orange County/Chapel Hill Census Launch Parties
- March 17: Conversations on Equity
- March 23: Poor People's Campaign Film Screening
- March 30: Expungement Clinic
- April 4: Ida B. Wells Symposium
We will update with new information as it becomes available...